The holiday season is the perfect time to support Pittsburgh area non-profit organizations. Their wish lists include items they need to continue to provide goods and services to families throughout the year. Shopping for specific items, rather than sending a generic check, can be a family project that helps even your youngest kids realize the importance of reaching out to others less fortunate.
Many of these groups participate in the Amazon Smile program, too, in which Amazon shoppers can choose the organization to support through their purchases with a 0.5-percent donation of every eligible purchase.
JP Note: Continue reading the full article from Kidsburgh at this link for ideas on how to give to incredible Pittsburgh-based non-profit organizations like Jeremiah's Place and others including:
- Angel's Place
- Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank
- Women's Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
- YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
- South Hills Interfaith Movement
- Sarah Heinz House
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Northside Food Pantry
- Homewood Children's Village
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh
- The Bradley Center
- The Children's Home of Pittsburgh and Lemieux Family Center
- Books for Change
- And many more!